Mayoh Architects is a versatile multi-disciplinary design practice carrying out a wide range of projects. We are committed to achieving projects of excellence through a personalised approach. The core of our ideals is the belief that each project, client and site holds unique opportunities which can be united into an outcome that exceeds the project’s objectives and makes a contribution to its context, is of its time and is environmentally responsible.
Nominated Architect Peter Mayoh No. 3788
Nominated Architect Jo Simmons No. 8227
Peter Mayoh has led the growth of our architectural practice from small domestic dwellings to university buildings, high-density housing and large educational projects. He has a reputation as a designer who understands both the detail of human occupation and the big picture of civic ideas. Peter leads the conceptual design for all projects in collaboration with a close-knit team.
Peter has over 45 years of professional experience, including 35 years as Founding Director of Mayoh Architects, Peter is a dynamic ‘hands-on’ director who takes an active and personal role in all aspects of project delivery. Peter brings a clear understanding of the business development and management required to fully realise cost effective solutions to meet time and cost frames. Peter’s strengths are in his personal approach with clients & his commitment in following through projects from briefing inception to ‘hand over’.
- B.Sc. (Arch) University of NSW
- B.Arch. Institute of Technology Sydney
- Associate - Royal Australian Institute of Architects
- NSW Architects’ Registration 3788
Jo started working at Mayoh Architects in 1997 as an architecture student, and is currently the Practice Principal, responsible for overall Practice Management.
She takes an active role in the design and development of each project within the firm. Jo specialises in all aspects of educational projects, from concept design through to construction, and maintains a close involvement in all projects throughout each stage. Her extensive experience combined with her passion for educational architecture and her excellent communication skills is reflected in her leadership of the Mayoh team, as well as the strong rapport she has built with a number of repeat clients.
- B.Arch (Hons), University of Technology Sydney, 2000
- Harvard Graduate School of Education “Learning Environments for Tomorrow” Conference, 2013
- NSW Architects’ Registration 8227
- C.E.F.P.I. Member
Peter has more than 20 years of professional experience across architecture, urban design and venue planning in Australia, USA, China and South Pacific. He takes a lead role in new business & early stage feasibility, masterplanning & concept design. He has developed a particular expertise in balancing architectural & urban design, with appropriate project development strategies to achieve buildings and open spaces of greatest value to our clients.
- B.Sc.(Arch), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge MA, USA
David has more than 10 years post graduate experience across educational, residential, retail, leisure and commercial projects. He has been the project architect for various projects within the firm. He has particular strengths in project management, with a focus on leadership in consultant co-ordination and documentation management. David’s strong organisation and time management skills are an asset within the Mayoh team.
- Bachelor of Architecture National University of Colombia, Medellin Colombia, 2003
- Advanced Diploma in Business Management Australian Pacific College, 2010
- Certificate IV in Feng Shui Australian College of Environmental Study, 2015
With a career spanning over 15 years in the industry, Peter joined the Mayoh team after running his own design practice. He specialises in designing medium scale residential, commercial, hospitality and retail projects. Peter applies a personal approach to each of his designs, taking an active role in all stages of the project, from conception to contract/site administration. His practical knowledge of construction techniques filters through to the details of his designs, ensuring cost effectiveness and ease of communication with contractors and consultants. Peter is currently a project leader in our multi-residential team.
- Advanced Diploma of Interior Design, Canberra Institute of Technology, 1998
Holly has been working in the industry since 2007 and is a registered architect in New South Wales. Holly has returned to Mayoh Architects as a project leader, passionate and enthusiastic about further tailoring her architectural proficiency in education projects. Her involvement ranges from feasibility studies, early concept design, council applications, tender and construction documentation and contract administration. She has exceptional management and organisation skills, an ability to listen and extract information from clients and consultants, and has an eye for detail.
- B.Sc. Architecture University of Canberra, 2006
- M. Architecture University of NSW, 2010
- NSW Registered Architect 9567, 2015
Melodie started working at Mayoh Architects in 2011 as an architecture student. She has extensive experience in many projects for educational facilities, including masterplanning, sporting, general learning, and boarding. She has strong communication skills and is accomplished at building a solid rapport with clients, ensuring teamwork and loyalty.
- Bachelor of Architectural Studies University of NSW, 2009
- Masters of Architecture University of NSW, 2012
Jonathan joined Mayoh Architects after graduating with a Masters in Architecture in 2014. He has gained much experience working on a variety of educational & residential projects. He has a passion for design, with particular interest in exploring engineered timber as a building material due to its inherent sustainable and biophilic qualities. He is skilled at communicating design concepts through his ability to produce high level graphics and rendered 3D visualisations.
- Bachelor of Architectural Studies University of NSW, 2012
- Masters of Architecture University of NSW, 2014
Irdzra has been working in Malaysia as an Architectural Assistant since 2012. She was mainly involved in interior design, mixed use commercial and residential design, as well as urban planning prior to relocating to Australia. She has obtained her Master of Architecture degree from University of Newcastle in 2015 and joined Mayoh Architects in 2016.
- BSc. (Architecture) Universiti Teknologi MARA, Malaysia, 2011
- Master of Architecture University of Newcastle, 2015
With over 30 years in the industry, Katy has worked across a broad range of projects in various aspects of the profession, from documentation to client & consultant liaison, with a strong commitment to client service.
- Architectural Drafting Certificate, Sydney Technical College
- Studies in Construction Management, (External Studies) Newcastle University
- Teaching By Distance Architectural Studies & Building, TAFE NSW, Open Training & Education Network (2009-2013)
- Computer Studies & CAD Building
- Interpreter L2, Sydney Technical College
- Conference Interpreter, Macquarie University
Chris has more than 35 years of professional experience, with a focus on both residential & education facilities.
- B.Sc.(Arch) Sydney University, 1976
- B.Arch Sydney University, 1979
- NSW Architects’ Registration 4549
Dan started working at Mayoh Architects in 2015 while studying a Bachelor of Architectural Computing at UNSW. He has been a major part of the revit team, contributing and gaining much experience while working on a number of major projects.
- Bachelor of Architectural Computing, UNSW Dec. 2016
Udita joined Mayoh Architects as a student while completing her Masters of Architectural Science in 2016. She has worked for well-known firms in India and Sydney and has gained experience working on both educational and boarding projects. She is skilled at preparing design concepts and masterplanning schemes through graphics and 3D visualisations. She always strives to apply concepts of sustainability and energy efficiency in her designs.
- Bachelor of Architecture, Indraprastha University, India, (2014)
- Masters of Architectural Science (Sustainable Design and High Performance Buildings), University of Sydney, (To be completed - 2017)